|AGENDA (subject to change)|
|08.00||Refreshments and registration|
|Session One: Welcome to the conference|
|09.00||Conference organizer`s opening remarks|
|09.05||Conference Chairman`s introduction to the conference|
Richard Koe, Managing Director, WINGX
|Session Two: Maintenance Programmes & Insurance Market Developments|
|09.20||Presentation: What are the challenges of dealing with an aging European fleet?|
* Important updates from EBAA / GAMA maintenance work group re: aircraft
maintenance and asset management
* Pre-purchase inspections, EASA standardisation & EU harmonisation
Arjen Groeneveld, Duncan Aviation
|09.40||Questions & Discussion|
|09.50||Panel: Mitigating risks in a challenging environment|
*How does aircraft-on-ground insurance work?
*As insurance costs increase, how can operators keep their overall costs down?
Moderated by: Fiona Healy, FCF Assets
Panellists to include:
James Carroll | Director of Business Development, Jet Support Services, Inc.
Zoë Layden, Managing Director, Claveaux Consulting
Stuart Kirkwood, Sales Director, TAG Maintenance Services
Alex Williamson, EVP Maintenance, Comlux
Alex Cutajar, Deputy Accountable Manager, Elit’Avia
|Session Three: Buying and financing aircraft|
|10.30||The benefits of using escrow accounts for purchasing business jets|
*How do escrow accounts work in different jurisdictions?
Henning Schwarzkopf, M.C.L, Schwarzkopf Law
& Branson Bean
|10.50||Presentation: What are the best options for financing aircraft purchase?|
* What challenges and changes are taking place in this sector?
* How can Know Your Client (KYC) requirements be addressed? How seriously is this requirement implemented by salespeople?
* How should we view the trend where by a number of specialty interest groups are
setting their own rules regarding ethics? Can these rules be enforced and if so, by
Moderated by: Gary Crichlow, Director, Aviation Finance, Arc & Co
|11.20||Refreshments and Exhibition|
|Session Four: Technology Update|
Clayton B. Healey, AIC Title Service
Eric Lewin, Owner, Global Closing Room
|Session Five: Developments in Russia:|
|12.20||Panel Discussion: What are the key changes in Russia affecting your business?|
*Why should Western operators forge forge a relationship with a Russian AOC?
*How will be the impact of the stoppage of Russian customs clearances?
*What are the latest changes to VAT rules on imports to Russia?
*What registration, importation and customs issues should you know about?
Moderated by: Stockton Birthisel, Atlas Corporate Services
Razvan Stefan, Emperor Aviation
Derek Bloom, Marks & Sokolov, LLC
Eric Weisskopf, Managing Director/ Accountable Manager,
|Session Six: The shortfall of personnel in aviation|
|14.00||Panel: Nurturing the next decade`s talent pool|
Moderated by: Julian Perigo, Boston Link
Liz Moscrop, Gear Up Media
Zoë Layden, Managing Director, IAWA
|Session Seven: Tax: Past, Present and some predictions for the Future|
|Update on Malta tax|
* Tax structures relative to aviation in Malta
Anthony Galea, Managing Director – Marine & Aviation, Vistra
|14.50||Presentation: Tax in jurisdictions outside Malta|
* An EU wide impartial view of tax schemes
* A review of “adventurous” tax saving plans that have been marketed in the past
* What are the challenges facing providers at present?
* How will jurisdictions need to view tax efficient ownership arrangements in
Mark Byrne, Director, Martyn Fiddler
|Session Eight: What are the biggest challenges facing Operators?|
*Operators compare their business models
*What are the challenges faced by different types of operators?
Moderated by: David Chamberlain, Senior Associate, The Air Law Firm
Alexandre Valentini, JET&CO
Juan Stolz, MD, Avcon Jet Africa
Steffen Fries, CEO & Accountable Manager, MHS Aviation GmbH
Robert Schmölzer, Managing Director, International Jet Management GmbH
Ettore Poggi, President, Fixed Based Operations, ExecuJet
Gary Forster, FBO Business Development Manager, ExecuJet
|15.50||Refreshments & Exhibition|
|Session Nine: What can different registries offer?|
|16.15||Panel: A review of registries in Europe and further afield|
* What are the different types of registries and why is that relevant?
* How can registries influence buyer’s & owners’ decision to buy an aircraft?
* Does Cape Town make a difference?
* Are more recent registries a threat to older and more traditional aircraft registries?
Moderated by: Matthieu de Varax, Founder and Managing Partner, Odi-sé Avocats & Member of Lawyers Sub-Committee & Associated Member Advisory Council, European Business Aviation Association
Lee Cormier, Safety Oversight Consultant, Bermuda Civil Aviation Authority,
Katrina Abela, Senior Associate, GVZH Advocates
Mag. Martina Flitsch, Partner, Flitsch Leuthner Leiter Rechtsanwälte GmbH
|Session Ten: Hospitality & Interiors|
|16.55||Panel: Business aircraft interiors|
*What are clients looking for?
* Interior upkeep during operations
* Selecting the right interior from the get go
Ryan Cremona, CEO, 3Plex
Eric Jullien, Deputy Vice-President, Commercial Airbus Corporate Jets
Tom Chatfield, Managing Partner, Camber Aviation Management
|17.40||Chair`s closing remarks|
|17.45||End of conference proceedings|