|AGENDA (subject to change)|
|08.00||Refreshments and registration|
|Conference chaired by:|
Richard Koe, Managing Director, WINGSX
Co-chaired by: Oscar Garcia, Interflight Global
|Session One: Welcome to the conference|
|09.00||Conference organizer`s opening remarks|
|09.05||Conference Chairman`s introduction to the conference|
Dr. Ian Borg LLB, Dip Not Pub, LLD, MP, Minster for Transport, Infrastructure and Capital, Government of Malta
|Session Two: The impact of geo-political events on the Business Jet Industry|
|09.30||Panel: Which business jet industry sectors and jurisdictions stand to gain or lose as a result of Brexit?|
*The impact of Brexit on the whole industry
Heather Gordon, Chief Legal Officer, Martyn Fiddler Aviation
Brendan Lodge, Aircraft Acquisition Specialist, JSSI
Stephen Ford, Head of Sales, Western Union Business Solutions
Nicholas Valenzia, Partner, Mamo TCV Advocates
|Session Three: The business jet market today|
|10.00||Presentation: How to market business aviation|
*How do business aviation professionals see their market growing over the next few
*What they see as the biggest obstacles e.g. poor marketing/PR?
*What they think needs to be done to improve the industry’s image?
Phil Anderson, Executive Director, Citigate Dewe Rogerson
|10.25||Panel Discussion:Will Europe`s business jet market ever catch up with the U.S.?|
*How do buyers in Europe differ from those in the U.S.?
*Who is currently buying planes?
*How does the pre-owned market compare to the market for new planes?
*What is the longer-term forecast for jet sales in the U.S. and Europe?
Panellists to include:
Pascal Bachmann, Jetcraft
|10.55||Refreshments and Exhibition|
|Session Four: Finance|
|11.25||Panel: What keeps financiers up at night?|
• How are geo-political events such as Brexit and US-China trade war impacting
the finance market?
• What are the appetites for loans versus leasing? Is there room for both?
• Lease financing (e.g. operating leases and IFRS 16)
• What would the panellists like their clients to understand better?
• Who will finance non-traditional aircraft types, such as Russian jets?
Moderated by: Gary Crichlow, Arc & Co
Panellists to include:
Alexandra Asche, Sales Director Europe, Global Jet Capital
Dr Tonio Fenech, Fenech Farrugia Fiott Legal
Michael Schuler, Senior Key Account Manager, Western Europe, Credit Suisse AG
|Session Five: Operators|
* Private or commercial: what governs the choice?
* What are the benefits for an operator to have a Maltese AOC?
• How does charter work? Does it cover direct operating costs and how transparent can you be?
• How do lenders and operators work together to get the deal done?
• What improvements can be made from an operator`s perspective?
Moderated by: Maureen Gautier, Associate, The Air Law Firm
Patrick JG Margretson-Rushmore, Chief Executive, Luxaviation United Kingdom / London Executive Aviation
Stanley Bugeja, Managing Director, DC Aviation & President, Malta Business Aviation Association (MBAA)
Maxime Bouchard, Managing Director, Jetfly
|Session Six: Keynote Presentation|
|12.35||Malta as a competitive jurisdiction|
*Malta as an expanding hub for technology, HR and industry expertise
*The importance of attracting software and e-commerce platforms to support
|Session Seven: Infastructure/FBOs|
|14.10||Presentation: Developing the airport of the future|
Olivier Poncet, Air City Madrid Sur
|14.30||Questions & Discussion|
|Session Eight: Cape Town|
|14.40||Panel: How can Cape Town be made to work more effectively?|
*What is working well and what isn`t working so well?
*Can it be made less complicated?
*The challenges of implementing multilateral treaties
*Insights from Aviation Working Group
Eric Lewin, Law Offices of Eric Lewin
Clayton B. Healey, Owner, AIC Title Service LLC
|Session Nine: Recruiting, training & retaining the right people|
|15.10||Presentation: Where are we now with recruitment and retention?|
*What are the recruitment issues faced by the business aviation industry currently?
*What trends do the statistics show us in terms of shortfalls, retention, etc.?
Hermann Reynisson, Director, Iris Thaumas
|15.25||Panel: What can we do to address recruitment and retention issues?|
Fiona Healy, Managing Director, FCF Assets
|16.00||Exhibition & Refreshments|
|Session Ten: Disruptive technologies and their impact on business aviation|
|16.30||High-speed Business Aviation Industry|
Oscar Garcia, Interflight Global
|16.45||Presentation: Role of Data in Business Aviation|
*where data is sourced
* how reliable is the data?
* how a carrier can configure this for their own use
Paolo Sommariva, Fl3xx
|17.10||Panel: Leading Edge Technology Tools Development for Operators, FBOs, MROs and Suppliers|
* What role does software provision and connectivity play in Malta and other jurisdiction`s ability to attract more operators?
* How does good technology provision support, simplify and enhance operators`
day to day processes?
* What are the practical application lessons for operator to profitably scale up?
* How can Artificial Intelligence and Revenue Management Software optimize hours
and seats sold at highest profit margin?
Moderated by: Oscar Garcia, Interflight Global
Paolo Sommariva, Fl3xx
Steffen Fries, CEO & Accountable Manager, MHS Aviation
|17.55||End of conference proceedings|
|18.00||Drinks Reception hosted at Grand Harbour Marina with delegate from Opportunities in Superyachts Conference|